Intelligent Platforms features the high performance, highly integrated 2nd Generation Core i7 processor platform from Intel.
2nd Generation Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual- or quad-core processing up to 2.5 GHz all in one device. Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM67 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the 2nd Gen. Core i7 processor
• Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power.
• Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) signal processing
- Intel's AVX doubles the vector register size from 128 to 256 bits for up to a 2x FLOP improvement
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard I/O features, the XVR14 also offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, both of which offer PMC and XMC capability. Memory resources include up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8 GB NAND Flash, optional SATA hard drive, BIOS Flash and BIOS backup Flash.
The XVR14 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications from industrial through to fully rugged Defense and Aerospace programs. It offers extended temperature capability and a range of air and conduction cooled build levels.
A rich software choice is planned for the XVR14, including comprehensive Deployed Test Software (BIT and BCS) plus OS support for Windows 7, Open Linux, Wind River Linux, VxWorks.