The XVB602 VME Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the highly integrated Core i7 processor platform from Intel. Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual core processing up to 2.53 GHz. Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM57 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the XVB602 VME SBC's Core i7 processor:
• Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
• Streaming SIMD extensions 4.1/4.2
The XVB602 offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, one of which is PMC/XMC capable and one of which is PMC only.
The XVB602 VME SBC provides further customer defined I/O capabilities with the board-to-board connector for the EXP237 XMC/PMC carrier/IO expansion board, which offers customers three additional PCI-X XMC/PMC expansion sites to utilize.