The VR12 Rugged Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the high performance, highly integrated Core i7 processor platform from Intel.
Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual core processing up to 2.53 GHz all in one high performance computing device. Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM57 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the VR12 VME SBC's Core i7 processor
• Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power.
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
• Streaming SIMD extensions 4.1/4.2
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard IO features, the VR12 also offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, both of which offer PMC and XMC capability. Memory resources include up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 16 GB NAND Flash, optional SATA Hard drive, BIOS Flash and optional BIOS backup Flash.
The VR12 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of high performance computing applications from industrial through to fully rugged Defense and Aerospace programs. It offers extended temperature capability and a range of air- and conduction-cooled build levels for rugged computing.